Re: increasing the size of the bitmaps.. (AFF, PLR, PRF) and the , like

From: Paul Cole (pcole@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu)
Date: 08/06/95

#1, its not a bitmap.  A bitmap is a graphic file format <check your
    mswindow heirarchy for *.bmp files.>
    I call then vectors, I'm sure there are other names as well.  But surely
    not bitmaps.  Lets not start a bad habit. k?

Anyway, continuing on to the important stuff.
long long's, or 64 bit values, do exist but only on the newest of the c
compilers.  It is not available in the 1.x.x gcc's that are most
prevalent out there.  I *think* it became supported in gcc with version
2.6.0 but I'm really not totally certain.  The point is that although
long longs do exist.  Its not terribly wise to use them as they are not
at all considered to be portable nor standard.. yet.