Re: Mob condition during combat

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 08/26/95

Hmmm.  I have had my prompt set up with both player and opponent
condition for some time (3 weeks now, I suspect) and haven't had a single
problem.  I prototype the char_diag function (which, instead of
diag_char_to_char, just returns a single descriptor, but I kept both
routines ;), and if the player is fighting then the description will show
as though you looked at the opponent.  In fact, the player description is
shown as a single "Condition: excellent" after the expanded prompt.  The
prompt itself is expanded much more; there's still the Hits/Mana/Move
display but it's "Move: xxx  Mana: xxx", etc.

I haven't had any problems, aside from the color routines I mentioned
before.  Unless you're accessing a null descriptor or something.
<shrug>.  Mobiles cannot see colors nor have prompts, though I might
somehow implement something to assimilate prompts and colors during switches.