Duplicate messages (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu)
Date: 09/18/95

You recently wrote:
   From: DoDGeR <dodger@WPI.EDU>
   To: circle@pvv.unit.no
   Subject: Duplicate messages

   people don't know how to remove your name from the CC: field.  yes they are
   stupid, and yes it is annoying, but hey, what can you do?

A simple solution would be to ask everyone to forward their reply back to
circle@pvv.unit.no instead of replying directly.  At least in elm, I know
that forwarding allows one to edit the mail and insert their own original
stuff.  Problem is, forwarding usually leaves a lot of headers, which
should be deleted.  I usually leave the From, To, and subject lines
intact and wipe the rest of the header out.

Now, the obligatory Circle Coding question:
	I'm trying to figure/fix/make-work the monster summoning code,
in particular, the 'Animate dead' spell.
	What I have right now are about 300 lines of logs just to report
back what in the code is being run (ok, maybe 10 lines of log()'s)... I have
animate dead set up to use TAR_OBJ_ROOM.  Unfortunately, the whole
bin/circle seems to crash right when the spell is requested, before it
hits the mag_summons() function, and I can't seem to track it down.  The
mud just returns a segfault after I type: cast 'animate dead' corpse...
	Is TAR_OBJ_ROOM the wrong thing to use for the animate dead spell?
I've thought of a work-around... to just grab MON_ZOMBIE and name it a
corpse and be done with it, leaving the original corpse.
	2nd question: Is there a simple way to reference a corpse back
to it's original owner (the mob/char)?  I'd like to be able to set the
attributes of the animated corpse (HP, etc) to match the original mob.
	Sorry about the newbie-ish questions... I'm new to the circle-code.
and though it's documented well, it's still a challenge to decipher.
-Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
 For more, check out http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan
 NovaCmdr. 'Suicide Strom' of Clan Wolf | FiestyFly FireMoth Variant
 "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"