Re: long vs. int - correction

From: Katzlberger Thomas (cat@garfield.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: 09/20/95

I wrote:
> changeing this may corrupt your playerfile !
> and gives an absolute vnum MAX at 32767. or 326 zones.

Well this is wrong:

	room_num load_room;

is a real number not a vnum, thus you may get 999 zones with
approximately 32 rooms max each. As the standard Circle starts
with around 1800 rooms. I can't imagine how you can need more
than 99999 vnums (e.g. where to get memory from to store them at
runtime).

Well but the upper limit of 32767 rooms stays.
(In case someone has got memory for that).

Cat.

PS: I hate having a lag of 1 hour between post & receive.