Re: Ident & Circle

From: Carl Tashian (carl@tashian.com)
Date: 09/23/95

On Sat, 23 Sep 1995, Peter DeNitto wrote:

> Ok, i'm looking to add RFC931 protocol to my mud (ident, ya know).  I
> grabbed the ident code from cambot.reslife and got that nice and
> compiled (libident).  However, I'd much rather use the tcp_wrapper libs i
> have compiled on my linux box (libwrap).  What I'd like to know is has
> anyone used either or, and do they have an example bit of code they might
> share?

If you use libident, you only have to add a few lines of code to the
mud.. and one variable in struct descriptor_data for the userid. It works
great.. you just tell it a timeout and a port number and it'll go look
for the userid. It doesn't seem to lag the mud at all.

cya

--
Carl Tashian
E-Mail: carl@tashian.com