Re: Socket Problem??

From: Ole Gjerde (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 09/24/95

On Sat, 23 Sep 1995, Sepher wrote:

> I appear to have a socket problem on my MUD.  Whenever a user types another
> line of text before a response is received from the MUD, the user hits
> "infinite lag".  the only way to fix this is by logging off and re-entering
> the game.

I checked out your mud, and I noticed this.

> Has anybody else had this problem?  Does anybody know the fix?  I know that
> most MUD's have socket problems.  Is it a OS (the OS I use is BSD 1.1)
> problem or is it up to the coders to fix it?

I've never had this problem.
Either you changed something in the socket handling, or it's the os..
It might have something to do with the nonblocking or something, I don't
really know.  But I have absolutely no problems like this on a linux box.

*  Ole Gjerde                                   | Computer Science major  *
*                                               |    at  North Dakota     *
*  Homepage: http://www.winternet.com/~gjerde   |    State University     *
*  Email:    Gjerde@plains.NoDak.edu            |-------------------------*
*            Gjerde@winternet.com               |   Proud user of Linux   *