Re: Max Player Limit

From: David A. Carver (DCARVER@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us)
Date: 09/28/95

Shaddai wrote:
->  I was running my mud and when I started it I had a non-positive
->player limit.  So I wen in and checked my Max_player in config.c
->and found it at 20.  Any ideas as to what is wrong?

I ran into a similar problem.  Except I had mine set to the default 300 in
config.c and was only getting a max of 6 players on start up.  I tracked
the area of code where it sets the max_players for the game to comm.c.
Take a look at the get_avail_descs function in comm.c.  Depending on what
your compiler supports it will do several different things to determine
the actually maximum players allowed.

I ended up commenting out a lot of this code (I'll probably regret it),
and just setting max_descs = MAX_PLAYERS.

That part of the code is where I would look first.

Dave Carver

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
285. No good deed ever goes unpunished.
          --  Quark, The Collaborator

| David Carver, Programmer Analyst        "Spooooooooonnnnnn!!!"   |
| Columbus State Community College               -- The Tick       |
| Email: dcarver@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us                          |
| The views and opinions expressed here are my own, and in no way  |
| reflect the views of the college.                                |