Re: uniqueness of objects

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/13/95

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995, Erik wrote:

>    Actually, I was able to save the name as an integer. Full code was..
> for(i=0;1<MAX_STRING_LENGTH;i++)
>   counter += atoi(&ch->player.name[i]);
> obj->value[0] = counter;
>
>    But, you're right, this alone won't get it :)

atoi on a non-numeral will (should) return a 0, thus, as the person to
respond previous to this quoted message said, you'll probably get 0
unless they have a number in their name.

I might suggest -- oh -- id numbers?

You have to use them for something, and I've been finding more than the
REPLY usage of it helpful.  (ie., I have items that are loaded saving the
id number of the immortal whom loaded it, I can then catch any cheating
immortals)...

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com