Re: Memory

From: Chris A. Epler (cepler@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 10/21/95

On Sat, 21 Oct 1995, Edward Long wrote:

> Im just curious.  Ive just aquired a site and am interested in how much
> memory it generally takes to run a Circle mud.  Im not talking about disk
> space but but how many meg to actually have it up and running.

My MUD here is taking about 3 meg, with a resident size of about 1.5 meg
or so.  Disk space you should think about 10-30 megs.  I run pretty
easily in about 8-10 megs.  This is with the source code, object files,
executables etc.  (Actual space used right now is about 4.8 meg, but
you'll need room to grow with areas, players, etc.

  Chris A. Epler <cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu>
  PGP key fingerprint: ED 2B 0D 78 F9 6C BF 1C  86 07 9E E9 54 FC 8F B2
  Finger this account for latest public key