Re: Zone Idleing code?

From: Alex (3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca)
Date: 10/26/95

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, Wout Mertens wrote:
> You rebuild db.c a bit so it can load a single zone instead of all, you
> make all rooms a kind of linked list that can be deleted, and a timer.
> Simple, no? :)

There are likely faster ways of doing this, for example, I know that the
coder for my mud wrote up a zone idle'ing procedure that took him about
3 days.  I would think that a better method might be to load each zone
seperately (which is dnoe anyways I think) and then write idle'ing code
that would free the memory from those zones except it would keep some
sort of list of the available room numbers in memory (only the rooms
would be idle'ed out because you'll need the objects and mobs for players'
objects and maybe charmees and whatnot...)

Just some more thoughts on the matter.

--  Alex
"Spoon!" -- The Tick