RE: Teleport rooms

From: Michael J. Legac (michael_@sfsu.edu)
Date: 11/20/95

On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, Mayfield Chuck SrA UCSS/SOS wrote:

> I would really like to see that code. We are currently working on a portal
> spell, a bag of holding and gate spell.  The Teleport rooms would be really
> good addition to the other move things around theme.

	I've coded a gate spell of sorts, pretty simple, when cast an
object of type gate is loaded and the destination room is input into
the 4th object value...
	The enter command now allows you to enter objects... Using
objects was the simplest way for me to do it, since we can have 2 way
portals (load 2 objects) and you can have them decay easily. Most
importantly, since Ultimud is based on Ultima, we needed the gates to
open in conjunction with the moons...
	Seemed the simplest way to code it for me, BTW, i'd remove the
no take messages for gates, since you don't want it to seem like a
regular object or have an annoying message when someone types get all in
the room.

/Michael