Re: login

From: Hans Brinck (hansb@f_utbserv.cse.hks.se)
Date: 11/27/95

> From: KLA <anata@iastate.edu>
>
> are there anyone who are willing to post the fix for login problem in the
> circle mud ?
>
> login  as a player ... try to login as the same player with  wrong
> password will close both sockets ...

At the end of the close_socket function in comm.c there is a piece of code
you can comment away, I do not know if this poses as a problem to something
else but with comments it reads:

  /*
   * kill off all sockets connected to the same player as the one who is
   * trying to quit.  Helps to maintain sanity as well as prevent duping.
   */
/*
  if (target_idnum >= 0) {
    for (temp = descriptor_list; temp; temp = next_d) {
      next_d = temp->next;
      if (temp->character && GET_IDNUM(temp->character) == target_idnum)
        close_socket(temp);
    }
  }
*/
}

> thanks in advance
You're welcome.

| Hans Brinck                       | Derek the Blue Mage           |
| sysadm Univ. of Karlstad, Sweden  | Implementor, BlueMage MUD     |
| hansb@cse.hks.se                  | spock.cse.hks.se 4000         |