Re: ACK! DAMNIT

From: Kilkenny (gjerde@plains.nodak.edu)
Date: 12/04/95

On Mon, 4 Dec 1995 midnight@agis.ag.net wrote:

> actually You cant really do anything leagley

Sure he can.. It's theft of copyrighted material.  Anything you write is
copyrighted you, wether you put a copyright notice there or not.  If you
do not give the person who took it permission to do so, you have a valid
complaint.

> if you do flame them you can be sued for slander

It might be _theoretically_ possible, but it wont happen.  Medevia
flaming?  I haven't seen any law suits yet..

> the only thing your really can do is complain to there system administrators

This is the first step to take.

> the moral of this is be carefull who ya give away your code too
> and keep back ups

Absolutely.

*  Ole Gjerde                                   | Computer Science major  *
*                                               |    at  North Dakota     *
*  Homepage: http://www.winternet.com/~gjerde   |    State University     *
*  Email:    Gjerde@plains.NoDak.edu            |-------------------------*
*            Gjerde@winternet.com               |   Proud user of Linux   *