Re: A weird problem...

From: d. hall (dhall@sunspot.tiac.net)
Date: 12/05/95

ð thus on Mon, 4 Dec 1995 21:02:06 -0500 (EST), Tel virtually scripted...

Tel> On Mon, 4 Dec 1995, Katzlberger Thomas wrote:
>>  Hmmm,
>>
>> I just didn't see thisone:
>>
>> chmod ug+x autorun
>>
>> which helps usually alot if tar stored the wrong permissions :P.
>>
>> Cat.
>>

Tel> Unless I misread, the directory listings showed u=rwx og= for autorun.

the person might want to check...

1. if csh exists, and if it's location is consistant with the shebang line
   at the top of the script (name the #! line)

2. check to see if "." is in his path, therefore he won't have to type
   ./autorun for it to run.

3. check permissions (yeah the executable bit is set, it was listed in the
   ls he sent in)

4. switch to perl =)

i believe there is a long listing of the con's of using csh for file
redirection (or general scripting) posted to comp.answers.  i made a perl
version of autorun a few weeks ago, since i wanted some modularity.

d.
--
``you... bred raptors?!''
					- alan grant, jurassic park