Changing Player's Name

From: David A. Carver (DCARVER@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us)
Date: 12/07/95

I've looked through the SET command for the wizards, and did not find a
command to change a player's name.

I've modified the table int act.wizard.c in do_set to accept another flag
called NAME.  The format of this command is:

set victim name <new name>

The function is semi-working.  It changes the name in the player file, but
if I try and do a STAT FILE <new name>, it says it cannot find the player
in the file.  However, if I shut the mud down and then reboot it can find
the player with the new name.

Here is the simple set of code I'm using:
   case 48:
       strncpy(GET_NAME(vict), val_arg, MAX_NAME_LENGTH)

That is it.   Is there anything else I need to change to get it to take
immediate affect on line without rebooting the mud?

(Yeah, I know this isn't very secure, and that duplicate names could
happen, but for now I just want to take care of getting this part of the
function working correctly.)

Dave

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:
111. Treat people in your debt like family, exploit them.
           --  Sisko, Past Tense, Part I

| David Carver, Programmer Analyst        "Spooooooooonnnnnn!!!"   |
| Columbus State Community College               -- The Tick       |
| Email: dcarver@cougar.colstate.cc.oh.us                          |
| The views and opinions expressed here are my own, and in no way  |
| reflect the views of the college.                                |