Re: Porting to OS/2

kiril@uk_kirk.sdrc.com
Date: 12/10/95

------- Forwarded Message

> > Anybody who doesn't have OS/2 can probably ignore this message.
>
> i don't have OS/2 but hey, :)
>
> > On a side, but possibly related, note, all my user files got trashed when
> > I moved Circle to my computer.
>
> i can answer this one at least... the variable-type sizes will most
> likely differ from a UNIX based machine to that of OS/2.
> And because on a UNIX machine an int will take up 4 bytes, but on OS/2 it
> might only take up 2 bytes.. this will trash the pfile (and any other
> binary storage files too)

------- End of Forwarded Message

Off the top of my head:

One of the reasons that your pfiles did not come through might
be because of different byte-ordering. That is - the machine you
created the pfiles orders bytes large-to-small (MSB first) and
the other - small-to-large (LSB first).

Then again I might be wrong :^)

Cheers