Re: relatively simple hack to lookup login-names (fwd)

From: John T. Cox (jtcox001@homer.louisville.edu)
Date: 12/17/95

> actually, i'm thinking about working on a master/slave process handler, one
> as the server, and one as the connection handler.  in effect the master
> process would accept all signals and spawn off the server.  it brings up
> some elements of potential with crash handling.

One of our staff has written the code to start a daemon process to handle
new connections login, character creation etc, etc. Players don't get
passed to the main server til they enter the game. I hear the code works,
we just have to patch it in. We're just waiting on some other problems to
be taken care of before we take this large a step.

I can't wait, no more lag from gethostbyaddr *bounce*.

Mielikki @ SojournMUD (menzo.sojourn.com 9999)