Ident library/Login name and nonblocking sockets

From: Rasmus R\xnlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 12/18/95

Well,

I'm not really in to all this fork/deamon/nonblocking connections and
whatever other fancy words i can come up with..

BUT, I noticed that the doc-file (the ident.h file :) has some different
functions, and some of them should be able to do the same as the
ident_id() call the library provides - BUT NONBLOCKING ...

Now to me it seams that teh idea of forking a process off the main mud
routine, or making a seperate deamon (wich I have no idea how do make :),
is all for teh purpose of getting a nonblocking socket I/O.

Isn't that rigt ?

Anyways, I wondered if anyone with a little more knowledge about socket
handling in Circle, could possibly take a look at the ident-library calls?
I'm quite sure it's possible to make such a nonblocking version with a
little knowledge about how nonblocking I/O is set up, and checked for in
circle... And frankly would remove some workload off my shoudlers :)

Well, thats all... just a little begging for someone with a better
knowledge of socket handling to look at the problem this way, and maybe
be nice enuff to give me/us the solution.

Regards,
Con.