Re: Saving the locattion of where someone rente

From: Ford Prefect (fprefect@fprefect.sccsi.com)
Date: 01/03/96

On Wed, 3 Jan 1996, Nick wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 1996, Ben Leibig wrote:
>
> > For some reason when someone(Well a immortal atleast(Our mud doesnt have
> > mortals yet)) rents they dont come back into the game where the rented
> > but in the immortal starting room.  Any idea why this is and how i can
> > fix it.
>
> In the case of Immortals, each Immortal+ character has a defined starting
> room.  Since Immortals aren't really "renting", they just get put in
> their designated starting room upon entering the MUD.

Actually, there's a simple way to fix this.

Assuming you're using the QUIT command to exit the mud:

edit act.other.c, searching do_quit for the line that reads
extract_char(ch);  /*Char is saved in extract char*/

Insert the following just before extract_char(ch); :
      GET_LOADROOM(ch) = world[ch->in_room].number;

This will set the player's loadroom to the room from which they left the
game.

(Fix is for circle3 pl8)