Re: spec_proc to make nocorpse mobs

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 02/06/96

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Ben Leibig wrote:

> i am looking for a special procedure or an added bitvector to make a mob
> so that instead of creating a corpse and puting its EQ in it.  A mob that
> just dissapates and leaves it's eq on the ground.  This is for stuff like
> spirits, haunts, etc.  The corpse of the spirit is lying here looks
> funny.  I would feel silly writing a spec_proc if there was already one
> so i thought i would check.

Just add a MOB_NOCORPSE flag in structs.h (look for MOB_NOBLIND) and set
it for mobs you don't want corpses for.  Then I think all you need to do
is find the make_corpse call in raw_kill (in fight.c). and if IS_MOB(ch)
&& MOB_FLAGGED(ch, MOB_NOCORPSE) don't call make_corpse, just extract the
char.  If the mob is carrying any eq, it drops to the ground.

Sam