Binary pfile conversions..

From: Rasmus R\xnlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 02/18/96

I've been playing a little arround with converting the circle players
p-file from SunOS to Linux, and it seems I get a wierd error, somehow
when I convert the pfile with my little program it puts some nasty
character in front of every playerfile record, and thus messes up the
playerfile, so that it ends up beeing useless.

I won't stuff all the code in this message, but if someone would like to
help me out removign the bug (and helping me get it to work in general),
please reply to this message. I dont convert the NAME with is the first
part of the char_file_u array/record, so I do by NO MEANS understand why
it puts a char in front of each record...

yes, and another thing... the file ends up beeing teh EXACT same size as
it was before the conversion, meaning the char has to come from somwehre
within the pfile (i.e. beeing sort of moved there) ...

anyways, give me a reply if you think I sound desperate enough, and if
you want to help.

Regards,
Con.

d.
*                            *    Visit my homepage:                      *
*   Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94    *    http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab  *
*   Student instructor       *    Visit my Multi User Dungeon (MUD):      *
*                            *    ns3.ptd.net 5000 or 198.80.46.3 5000    *
*      Student, B.Sc in Computer Science and Buisness Administration      *