Pfile convert t_time and time structures

From: Rasmus R\xnlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 02/25/96

Hi.

Well, after successfully converting EVERYTHIGN but the references to TIME
and such from SunOS -> Linux I'm gonna seek a little (more) help here.

What I do is basically split the work in two, a program on the SUnOS
mashine that converts the binary files to NET byte order, and a program
on Linux that converts to HOST byte order (htonl/s and ntohl/s).

Now everything seems to work great but the conversion of the following
informations:

In the char_file_u structure

st is a struct of char_file_u

  st->birth
  st->played
  st->last_logon

rent is a struct of obj_file_u (the rent header in it).

  rent.time

All those are converter with htons on the Sun and ntohs on the Linux box..
All it says is basically says 0h 0m as total logon time. The rentfiles
get 'past date' and everyones eq is lost..

Anyone got any bright ideas how to fix this.

I know I could use the -q option when runnign the Circle server, but it
seems a bit awkward in teh long run.

Thanks in advance,
Con.

d.
*                            *    Visit my homepage:                      *
*   Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94    *    http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab  *
*   Student instructor       *    Visit my Multi User Dungeon (MUD):      *
*                            *    ns3.ptd.net 5000 or 198.80.46.3 5000    *
*      Student, B.Sc in Computer Science and Business Administration      *