Re: Corpse Looting

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 03/09/96

On Sat, 9 Mar 1996, Brian Christopher Guilbault wrote:

> Okay Guys,
>
> I greatly appreciate all the responses to my room bitvector post and now
> I have just one more question. We are having major problems on Quarantine
> involving corpse looting. What I would like to do is log when a player
> takes an object from another's corpse. Logging the get from a corpse is
> easy, but how do I distinguish between PC and NPC corpses since all
> corpses are in the *corpse list, and are not segregated by player or NPC
> types? Logging every item taken from every corpse is ridiculous. Anyone
> have any solutions? Hacks are appreciated too :-)

My hack was to add a long int variable idnum to the object structure.  In
make_corpse(), if the dying character is an NPC, set the idnum to 0.  If
it's a PC, make idnum = GET_IDNUM(ch).

Then you can not only tell when a PC corpse is looted, but who owned the
corpse, so looting your own corpse won't ring any alarms.

Sam