Re: Room Bits

From: Daniel W. Burke (dwb@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 03/09/96

At 03:12 PM 3/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello All-
>
>Is there some way to do something perhaps like this:
>
>if((ITEM_FLAGGED, ITEM_NOMAGIC) && (!ROOM_FLAGGED, ROOM_NOMAGIC) &&
>  (/* the object is in the room */))
>
>     code here to turn on the NOMAGIC bit

A way to do that would be to add it to char_to_room the search for if has an
NOMAGIC item.... but that means a normal NOMAGIC room could be turned off by
wearing a NOMAGIC item and walking thru the room.....

Maybe in do_cast and call_magic a check for if someone in the room has a
NOMAGIC item would in my opinion be better.....

Or better yet, a counter like the number of lights in the room, and make
nomagic rooms that are defined in the wld file set the counter to 1 at
bootup....

Brazil - IMP of AddictMUD   tolkien.realms.org 4000
                                  206.185.33.2 4000

**** NOTE IP ADDRESS CHANGE, WE **ARE** BACK UP ****