zones swapping out

From: Romulus.. Imp of Phoenix Mud (malice@epix.net)
Date: 03/10/96

Has anyone develped a system to swap zones out of memory when not
in use for such and such a period and then load them on demand when
a player wishes to enter one of these zones? (to save memory)
If anyone has any suggestions or has actually coded such a system
I would be higher interested in hearing your thoughts on it.
If we get the whole mailing list working on this problem we could
make it a perment function of future circle mud releases...which
would be really cool...

What's everyone think about the problem?

--
|        | alice@epix.net
           Enough Said...