Re: Ok, im trying to screw with the prompt sys

From: d. hall (dhall@illusion.apk.net)
Date: 03/11/96

// thus on Mon, 11 Mar 1996 19:40:39 -0700, Jer virtually scripted:

Jer> Ok, I am trying to make the prompt system on my mud somewhat better
Jer> than the stock one, I have most of the code, but being the novice
Jer> programmer I am, (And for the record, I tried to RFTM :P ) ok if it
Jer> worked correctly it would show your hit/mana/move in words instead of
Jer> numbers....such as:

Jer> HP: Hurt MG: Low MV: Tired > I Have written some stuff to do the
Jer> percentials of hit mana and move, that works, its just somthing that
Jer> screwd up in my ifs Would someone please tell me if this looks even
Jer> REMOTLY correct

An easy way to do the prompt system is make an index'ed array of strings
like so...

static char *health_messages[]
{
	"perfect",
	"near perfect",
	"very good",
	"good",
	"fair",
	"poor",
	"very poor",
	"awful",
	"dying",
	"DEAD"
}

Then in the source put something like... (this is pseudo code)

int index;

if ( (max_hit / cur_hit) > 100)
	index = 0;
else if ( (max_hit / cur_hit) > 95)
	index = 1;

else if ( cur_hit > -10)
	index = 8;
else
	index = 9;

sprintf (prompt, "%s [H:%s]", prompt, health_messages[index]);

d.