Re: do_improve

From: Brian Gray (mandy@tmarts.com)
Date: 03/20/96

On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Blake Weaver wrote:

> However, when compiled, it doesn't like the line "if strcmp(*arg == 'str')"
> and the error message tells me nothing.

  Wow, don't know what that line would do.  Strcmp() is a function.  It's
used to receiving two string pointers and returning the difference.
You're sending it a TRUE or FALSE depending on whether or not the
character pointed to by arg is equal to the _character_ 'str'.  So first
off, you want to pass your strings as parameters.  Second, a string is
delineated by "string" rather than 'string' (you may be in Pascal mode).
Third, the expression to be evaluated in an if statement must be in
parentheses:

  if (strcmp(arg, "str")) {...}

 -- Mandy of The Multiplex
 -- pccs.cs.pomona.edu 4747