Objects in memory

From: Robert Clark (rclark@peganet.com)
Date: 03/23/96

I haven't tracked this down yet, but I was wondering if there would be any
terrible
side-affects from modifying object copies in memory. The mud does create a
new object
from the prototype it load right?, not just a pointer to the prototype
object. So I could
in theory modify the e-fields, affects, and such of a singular object held
by one
player without affecting the rest of the similiar (copied) objects also in
the world.
This is a key point in doing something I plan (long range)

I'm pretty sure this is the way it is with mobs since they are basically
slightly
stripped down characters.

-Bob the Lazy Coder.

/* Oh, if you flame me, make it good. :) */