Re: modifying act()

From: Robert Clark (rclark@peganet.com)
Date: 03/25/96

At 03:08 AM 3/25/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I want to be able to snoop on a room, not a person. My attempts
>to modifying act() have resulted in nothing but very weird bugs. I was
>wondering if anyone has ever done this sort of thing.
>
>---
>njl
Here's a silly hacker idea :)

Make a hidden creature, say a pair of eyes, put it in the room to be snooped and
then snoop it. End of duration remove it.  This could be neat, especially if you
were doing a scrying spell, then people who noticed could stop your scrying. If
you want it for a god function I wonder if you could set nohassle....;)
I don't know if this would work, but it seems feasible. I always try to find
a way
to work around what's there, modifications usually end up causing nasty side
affects
that usually show up when you have the most people you've ever had on your mud.

Bob, the Lazy Coder and Hacker.