Re: Equipment

From: Burkhard Knopf (Burkhard.Knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de)
Date: 03/26/96

>>>>> "mac" == Mac  <maclubin@adala.smith.cis.syr.edu> writes:

 mac> 'ACtually that was the code I was talking about.  I seems that
 mac> it logs an error, well one error for each peice of equipment
 mac> that each player loads with.  From what I have been able to
 mac> figure out the object loads in nowhere, due to the fact that the
 mac> objects are loading before the players.  I remember some other
 mac> people writting to this list about this error in the past, mabye
 mac> someone else can explain it better.

Oh yeah you're right.

When Crash_load() and save_char() are called the character still is
in room NOWHERE. Just replace the lines

      if ((load_result = Crash_load(d->character)))
        d->character->in_room = NOWHERE;
      save_char(d->character, NOWHERE);

in interpreter.c, function nanny() with the lines

      char_to_room(d->character, 3); /* just some empty room ... */
      load_result = Crash_load(d->character);
      save_char(d->character, NOWHERE);
      char_from_room(d->character);

That should do it.

Burkhard

--
Burkhard Knopf                           and when they say 'take of his body'
   e-mail:                               I think I'll take from mine instead