Equipment and obj pointers

From: Graham Gilmore (gilmore@gmgate.vircom.com)
Date: 03/30/96

	I want to make some changes to objects and wear locations, so
that I can implement worn items which cover more than one location (eg: a
plate armor which covers body, legs, arms, head, etc.).  However, I have
a choice available.
	I can either include pointers in a location structure pointing to
the next location upon which the object in question is worn.  While this
seems simple, I have also made changes allowing for multiple objects (of
different kinds) to be worn on the same location; 4 types, to be
precise.  This solution would require 4 different "next" pointers.
	The other solution is simply to have each location in question
point to the same object.  Now this is simpler, but I'm a bit leery of
having multiple wear locations pointing to one object; I can imagine
strange events if say I removed the object from one location but forgot
to remove it from another....  Is this solution as error-prone as it
seems to be, or should I have no worries about it?  My common sense tells
me the first solution is the way to go, but I've been wrong before.  I'd
rather not stick in the extra 4 pointers per location per character, if I
don't have to.. I've already inflated the memory requirements for a
char_data enough as it is :)

	Graham Gilmore