Re: Hi aghain

From: The Green Dragon (crimson@escape.com)
Date: 04/01/96

	hmm how about creating a script and using setuid to change the id
to whatever user you have the mud running as????

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Hades wrote:

> Ok, had a question about crontabs and whatnot a few days ago and got a lot
> of responses... what I need to know is what should I do for a cron script
> that will basically do this:
>
> if the ppp is not running, start it.
> if bin/circle is not running, start it.
>
> And if the system auto-reboots, will these cron scripts run if the mud
> account user is not logged in, and if they won't, how can I get my mud to
> start running automatically on a reboot without putting it in the rc.local
> (as it would eb run as root)
>
> Thanks

--"the more you know and understand the more you must know and understand
   .. knowledge is an unsatiable hunger .. which makes life easier and at
   the same time harder .... knowledge is a paradox w/ no resolution just
   a boundless function of human nature .... knowledge is a trap which we
   embrace and which we run away from .... and in the end the only escape
   is death .... or maybe not "<grin>--
      <<VP of Academic Affairs Polytechinic University Student Gov't>>
            <<VP Polytechnic University ACM Brooklyn Chp.>>