RE: charcter rebirth - where and how?

From: moron (moron@IslandNet.com)
Date: 04/02/96

I followed someone's suggestion to give newbies money instead of equipment
(a one liner in class.c "GET_GOLD(ch) += 500;") but now I am stumped by
exactly where does a "reborn" character get dealt with?  A reborn
character is as crippled as a newbie without any money and so I want to
have them start out with the same cash.  I thought this happened in
fight.c but then looking through handler.c seems to suggest that anything
I do in fight.c gets discarded anyways when the object gets recycled.  is
this right or am I missing something obvious?  So the question is, where
is the code that handles setting up the "reborn" character so that I can
add the GET_GOLD(ch) line to it?  Thanks for any suggestions!

|        __,,______________   "Self preservation = Extreme Paranoia"   |
|      /___/       N A R C       .     moron@IslandNet.com      .      |
|            http://www.islandnet.com/~moron/deterrent/narc/           |