Re: Just wondering, anyone as insane as Hades?

From: Hades (tourach@cyber1.servtech.com)
Date: 04/11/96

> I still think a table is the best solution to store the rooms in.
> Mainly becouse it uses less memory and I think it's easyer to handle.
> I also think it's faster at boot up time becouse you don't have to set
> link pointers.
How can you say it uses more memory? After I converted it, my room structure
went from 116 bytes to 87. I saved 29 bytes of memory per room doing that.
And as far as boot up speed, uh, how often do you boot up that it becomes an
issue?

> BTW.
> Some time back I did send a huge mail about character related structures to
> this list. Did anyone receive it? Should I send it again?

I got this and have in in my received folder, am gonna go through it and see
if it's worth doing on my mud as soon as I convert the mob and obj_proto's
to linked lists. I don't really have to but it'd make olc a lot easier.

Hades