Re: mAking the |^ work

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 04/16/96

People have asked this in the past, but I think it's probably not a great
idea -- it would require that Circle put telnet clients into character mode
rather than line mode, which will increase the bandwidth used by the MUD
by a factor of about 100 (literally).  Lag will be much worse on slow
links.  Plus, when the MUD lags, it will lag in echoing your characters
back to you (which is incredibly annoying), as opposed to the current method
which is that lag just means you don't get a reply to your commands, but you
can at least see what you're typing.