Re: Quick Question

From: Chris A. Epler (cepler@esinet.net)
Date: 04/26/96

> On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Sean P. Mountcastle wrote:
>

> > 	I just have one quick question, whenever I try to recompile while
> > the mud is running (used to have no problems), it now refuses to create
> > the executable with the  message: cannto open output file ... Text file
> > busy.  I didn't have this problem before I added the videas, vbugs, and
> > vtypos commands and Oasis OLC -- are they leaving files open or something?

What I usually do is change the Makefile to output to a file other than
../bin/circle, say, ../bin/circle.new, then in my autorun just before it
loads up Circle, I have it check for the existance of circle.new, and if
it's there, move it to circle...this way all I have to do is just compile
the MUD and do a shutdown reboot and it'll come back up with the new
version.

  Chris A. Epler <cepler@esinet.net> <cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu>
                 <cepler@cambot.res.jhu.edu> <cepler@limpia.kjsl.com>
                 <cepler@tuna.mit.edu>