Re: FlameFest II: This is is not CS 1

From: Graham Gilmore (gilmore@gmgate.vircom.com)
Date: 05/08/96

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:

> I'm beginning to think that splitting the list in two parts may be a good
> idea afterall -- this list, which will remain as it is for newbie questions,
> and a second, *moderated* list for "advanced" questions (called
> circle-wizards or something).  I'd be willing to moderate the list if I
> can figure out how, since I've never been a mailing list moderator before.
> circle-wizards would not allow newbie traffic or anything answered by an
> FAQ or any of the documentation (optimally, I should finish coding.doc
> first.)
>
> Is there any support for this idea?

	I think it may be a good idea.  I'm sure that many of the "more
advanced" people on the list are tired of seeing the same things pop up
all the time, and it seems to me that the questions have become even
more basic recently.
	I wonder though if all of these "more advanced" people will cease
subscribing to this list.  Personally, I take the time to answer some of
the questions that come up, newbie questions or not, depending on my
mood, the completeness of the given information, the simplicity of the
answer required, the alignment of the planets, etc.  But I would dread
being the only person on this list providing answers... my patience
isn't unlimited :)  Might this list simply dry up from lack of support,
because everyone who has added multiple attacks or races to their own
CircleMUD decides they don't need it anymore, and subscribe only to the
"advanced" list?
	It's a nice idea.  Don't know if it'll work.

	Graham Gilmore