Re: NEWBIE: Getting corpse question. (fwd)

From: Jason Bell (s0198593@cc.ysu.edu)
Date: 05/09/96

At 11:48 AM 5/9/96 -0700, you wrote:
>In regards to the limited access to a corpse question, it took me 10 seconds
>to foil it.
>Simply summon a fido to the room with the corpse... no more corpse,
>everything is on the ground.  Bingo, done.
>Hense, putting a check into corpse getting might very well be a waste of
>resources.
>If you are interested though, I'd look into how corpses are made.  I
>vaguely remember all corpses hold the name of the previous owner. Do a
>simple substring search against the name of the ch performing the get if
>the thing to be got is from a container-corpse.
>This, however, leads me to thing that engraving a container should have
>that kind of effect.  For more on engraving items, I think Alex put it in
>the FAQ.
>-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
>   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside

<laugh>  I always wondered why Fidos were unsummonable in the
last MUD I played.  They were a great way to change your
alignment to Good, but you always had to track them down.
(They weren't as popular as they are on certain MUDs)

But, as for the original post, adding a small flag to the
mob to make it nosumm works just fine.

-----
Jason Bell  s0198593@cc.ysu.edu
Please vote Jason Bell for USIII Trustee
"Nuke the gay baby seals for Jesus"