CODE: Engraving... was Getting corpse question. (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 05/09/96

From: Alex <3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca>

 On Thu, 9 May 1996, Billy H. Chan wrote:
  > This, however, leads me to thing that engraving a container should have
  > that kind of effect.  For more on engraving items, I think Alex put
  it in > the FAQ.

  What exactly do you mean?  I will admit it, I'm a code newbie sometimes,
  abut as long as I understand what someone is getting at I can figure out
  what to do... could you send me a bit more of a detailed explanation on
  this one?

Yeah, that was very unclear.  Sorry.  Basically, an engraved item belongs
only to the person who engraved it.  However, engraved containers as i
have them right now do not disallow others from taking stuff from the
containers, though engraved eq can only be worn/wielded by the engraver.
Thus, the corpse looting could just be tagged as engraved to the person
who died, and a generic "prevention from getting things out of an engraved
container unless it belongs to you" will handle both corpse looting _and_
engraved containers in general.
-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside