Re: FlameFest II: This is is not CS 1

From: David Wruck (dwruck@DarkSun.madnet.com)
Date: 05/09/96

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Brian Pape wrote:

> > that NO one reads those computer manuals, don't believe me, call any
> > computer company and they will tell you that a lot of people don't read
> > the manuals at all.  In fact, some people just buy computers because the
> > have the money to blow away, THINK ABOUT IT!
>
> That doesn't mean these people have to run muds, or ask stupid questions
> here.

	Ok, I'm going to say something here that is a killer people. I am
a CNE and I can not tell you the number of sites that I go to to work on
problems for people and find the manual (with the answer very PLAINLY
printed in it) still in shrink wrap buried in a box.
	These people would rather pay out $100.00 per hour to have me
edit their autoexec.bat files and install DOOM II on thier computers
than pick up a small booklet and read that the little black plastic
things on the little metal posts DO something.
	More companies (who are not individual people mind you) are
spending more and more money on "repairs" that are simple configuration
errors or, better yet, simply people who refuse to read the README FIRST
cards and files that come with software.
			David