Magic System

From: Mark McArthey (mcarthey@mfa.com)
Date: 05/16/96

Hi all,

Just going through the magic system and I have to say it's a bit
confusing.  It might be because I'm not intimately familiar with it yet,
but there also seems to a lot of overhead to casting spells.  I would like
to be able to go through the motions of casting a spell without actually
casting it.  There is another way I'm sure (there always is), but I'm
finding that I am re-using portions of code that could probably be made
into function calls anyways. Besides using up memory on the stack for
arguments, etc, is there going to be any real performance or operational
concerns with doing this? I am wondering if anyone has done a rewrite of
the magic system, or found limitations and solutions to them?

Thanks for the time,
MMM

mcarthey@execpc.com