Re: Mob Programs

From: David Wruck (dwruck@DarkSun.madnet.com)
Date: 05/22/96

On Wed, 22 May 1996 dex@darknet.com wrote:

>   Wondering who has tried the mobprog.patch.  I used to play on a Merc
> that had this installed, and mobs ALL over the place using mobprogs like
> this, and it was very very nice. BUT, that mud crashed all the freakin
> time. Was so bad, the IMP would echo for coders every once in a while.
> I'm not sure if the proglem was in the mobprogs or not (the Merc was
> heavily modified), but I've heard mob programs can be very buggy. Who's
> used it and with what kind of success?

	We are using the MOBProgram patch, and I have yet to have a
MOBProgram related crash. The patch itself was relatively stable, and it
went in easy enough. I recommend it to anyone who wants MOBs that do more
than just attack.
	The one thing is to realize that the documents in the patch file
are incorrect, and that they will cause the MOBProgram to fail. If you
need more information, feel free to contact me.
			David