Re: Mob Programs

From: Thomas Pedersen (classic@cloud9.net)
Date: 05/22/96

On Wed, 22 May 1996 dex@darknet.com wrote:

I've used MOBprogs for a while, and never seen the mud crash cause of it.
It's a must to get for circlemuds.  I hate mobs that just stand there and
do nutin. Adding your own triggertypes in not that complicated either.
I've run mobprogs on bpl7, 8 and 11.

>   Wondering who has tried the mobprog.patch.  I used to play on a Merc
> that had this installed, and mobs ALL over the place using mobprogs like
> this, and it was very very nice. BUT, that mud crashed all the freakin
> time. Was so bad, the IMP would echo for coders every once in a while.
> I'm not sure if the proglem was in the mobprogs or not (the Merc was
> heavily modified), but I've heard mob programs can be very buggy. Who's
> used it and with what kind of success?
>
>  Also, what other sites can you get stuff at sides the cs.jhu site? I
> want as many areas and ideas as I can find!
>
>   -The Dex Man         (aka Shade)

_/ Classic@Cloud9.net
_/ uskgf89j@ibmmail.com
_/ http://www.cloud9.net/~classic