Re: NEWBIE: Autoequip problem.

From: Burkhard Knopf (burkhard.knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de)
Date: 05/29/96

 F> Hi all, I added the autoequip patch and while it works fine,
 F> the follow occurs in my syslog whenever a character enters the
 F> game. Any ideas why this happens? I am using version 3 pl11.

It's just because players aren't yet in a room when Crash_load is
called. No need to worry though.

 F> Mon May 27 22:30:40 :: Helm retrieving crash-saved items and entering game.
 F> Mon May 27 22:30:40 :: SYSERR: ch->in_room = NOWHERE when equipping char.
 F> Mon May 27 22:30:40 :: SYSERR: ch->in_room = NOWHERE when equipping char.
    [lots of SYSERR lines following]

Yeah, you're right, those SYSERR lines can be nasty. My apologies.

I got a new autoeq patch over here which won't spam your syslog file
with useless SYSERR lines.
I just put it in the incoming directory of cambot.res.

Have fun

  Burkhard

--
burkhard.knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de

Unix is user friendly... it's just picky about its friends.