Re: make all (fwd)

From: Steve Thompson (sthompso@csugrad.cs.vt.edu)
Date: 05/30/96

On Thu, 30 May 1996, Angela Loos wrote:
> make ../bin/circle
> gcc -c -g -O -Wall -fno-strict-prototypes  comm.c
> In file included from comm.c:14:
> sysdep.h:207: conflicting types for `random'
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-dec-osf3.2/2.7.0/include/stdlib.h:247:
> previous dec
> laration of `random'

[ lots of warning snipped ]

The short and sweet is this:  comment out all of the re-declarations of these
functions in comm.h  DEC OSF/1 (ok, ok dUNIX) has these already declared,
hence the errors.  I know that they are all in pre-processor blocks, but I
am not overly confident in the pre-processor for gcc and the Alpha Box.  Once
these are "removed" from the compile, it goes quite cleanly.  Perhaps I will
spend some time and work out the #ifdef stuff for it, but I really don't
have time right now.

-Steve

 /\   Stephen Thompson                    Virginia Tech & Wonderware Corp.  \
 \_|  1009 Buffalo St.  Apt #2           Work: SteveT@wonderware.com        |
   |  Johnson City, TN 37604           School: sthompso@csugrad.cs.vt.edu   |
   |  (423) 975-0373              WWW: http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~sthompso   |