NEWBIE: Changing spell system.

From: Fionn Colvin (fcolvin@metz.une.edu.au)
Date: 06/02/96

Hi all,
       I am currently considering changing the magic system in my mud to
one which is closer to AD&D. That is, instead of MANA I want to have
dirrent spell levels. Probably about 10 spell levels, each of which will
contain about 10 or 15 spells. A caster will be able to memorize a certain
number of spells form each level depending on their current level. Eg., a
first level character could memorize 1 first level spell, a 6th level, 6
first plus 1 second, Etc. What I'd like to know initally is where in the
player file I can add a 10*10 array of int's to hold the current mem'd
spells of the player. I dont mind wiping my player file as the Mud has no
players yet. Also if anyone else has done this already or something
simular any advice that you might offer as to unexpected problem, etc.,
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Fionn

PS. I'm using version 3 pl11.