NEWBIE - Oasis Code w/ 3.0bpl11 on Win95.NT - Helllppp!

From: Gerry Smith (gsmith@dnc.net)
Date: 06/09/96

Hello, all.

I am having problems with Oasis and 3.0bpl11 as follows:

Platform - Win95/NT
Circle - 3.0bpl11
Oasis - .6 patched by hand
Compiler - MCVC++4.1 (nmake)

OEDIT, REDIT, and MEDIT all work flawlessly, but....

ZEDIT - Editing existing zones is fine, but on creating new zones, the fun begins. example:
	>ZEDIT NEW 39
	Zone created.
	>ZEDIT SAVE 39
This is where it generates a   'CIRCLE caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0137:bff782ae' fault and crashes the mud. Same thing if I edit rooms in 39 and do a
redit save 39.
Looked at the files on disk. 39.* was created fine, and newindex created, but the code apparently fails in
zedit.c around:

  fclose(newfile);
  fclose(oldfile);
  /*. Out with the old, in with the new .*/
  remove(old_name);
  rename(new_name, old_name);
}

I have no idea why since I can manually delete index and rename newindex to index without upsetting the OS.
Ideas?

SEDIT - Don't work at all. Typing SEDIT <vnum> generates an immediate crash as noted above.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give on this. Thanks in advance ;)

Gerry
Gerry Smith				System Administrator
gsmith@dnc.net				Direct NET Communications
root@dnc.net

DatsunZ/Datsun Roadster Enthusiast	IZCC#2089