Re: InterMud

From: Chris Austin (caustin@pinc.com)
Date: 06/11/96

Hades wrote:

> > I noticed a few of you talking about intermud, and I have recently become
> > interested in this. Could somebody let me know where I could find a
> > source patch or the code for intermud for circle? Thanks Alot.
> >
> > The MAD Coder,
> > Bub
> >

> Dont bother... the server for it is buggy and sends out crap data which
> crashes out your intermud unless you have the exact system specifications
> that are required (and I'm not positive if even the exact system specs are
> enough...)
>
> The man who runs it/keeps it up has summarilly ignored my past 4 emails
> regarding getting the intermud server working correctly.
>
> It's a waste of time IMHO.

As I've stated in the past, and in the readme for intermud, it's a beta product.  I've
been trying to isolate the problem, but I've had little time in the last few weeks, as
well I've had 2 disk partitions fail on me and one of which contain my /home tree.

The problem seems to be mostly sporatic as we've had 4 muds connected over the last 2
days.  I'm going to set my current project aside and release another beta version
within the next week.  You can ftp the code from :-

ftp://styx.ph.msstate.edu:/pub/tempus/intermud/intermud-0.53.tar.gz

Stryker