Re: Guildguard problem

From: Adam Days (g98s12@oemsunix.onysd.wednet.edu)
Date: 06/20/96

I tried doing that with my guilds, and it didn't work...it made it so it
would admit anyone right?  What your going to have to do is make another
exit in the 3027, cause that's where its messing up.  The structure of a
guildguard and those class admit code pieces, is that when you do a
{CLASS_blabha, room #, scmd_(a direction)},
the guard thinks "okay this is the only class I'm going to let go (said
direction), but if you have two of those lines admitting two classes the
same direction, the guard doesn't know which one to admit, so he says'
screw this, neither of you are getting in." You get the idea?

so you can't have both of these lines in there

 {(CLASS_THIEF,        3027,   SCMD_EAST},
 {CLASS_ASSASSIN,      3027,   SCMD_EAST}

I would make another offshoot direction in the 3027 to go to a different
guild and make it like
{(CLASS_THIEF,        3027,   SCMD_EAST},
 {CLASS_ASSASSIN,      3027,   SCMD_SOUTH}

This would work.  Well this may have been of help or not.

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Bruno Dogan wrote:

><message snipped>
> I added a new class (assassin) and everything works fine except
> guildguard. I set the same guild for assassin as for thief and guildguard
> doesn't want to let assassin class to guildmaster. This is the code from
> class.c file which (i think) controls that:
>
> /* Midgaard */
>   {CLASS_MAGIC_USER,    3017,   SCMD_SOUTH},
>   {CLASS_CLERIC,        3004,   SCMD_NORTH},
>   {(CLASS_THIEF,        3027,   SCMD_EAST},
>   {CLASS_WARRIOR,       3021,   SCMD_EAST},
>   {CLASS_ASSASSIN,      3027,   SCMD_EAST},

 Adam Days  a.k.a		  ** "Being an Outcast is only a frame of mind
 Drizzt Do'Urden                  **  and not something that is placed upon
 Unholy Lands <164.116.34.2 4000> **  you."  -Adam Days