Code: Okay...now about Stroms Multi code... (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 06/20/96

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: i9974319 <i9974319@unicorn.it.wsu.edu>

What version was Stroms Code written for anyway?  I have been trying to
get it into bpl11.  After realizing that I was going to end up recoding
half the mud I gave up with that.

I would very much like to incorporate races and multi-classes into my
mud, if anyone knows how to implement Stroms Code or can let me know how
it was done on their mud it would be appreciated.

Matthew

If you look in the README that I'm sure I included with it, it'll tell you
that this is not a simple code patch (when I wrote it at the time, I wasn't
patch/diff proficient)
The multi-class stuff was written for pl8.
On to how to use it, I'm sorry it's not a plug and play module.  Multi-class
mucks with a lot of the fundamental class stuff.  There were a lot of things
that had to be changed because multi-class changes the class field from a
straight numerical to bitvectors.  It also cheats in that it uses field 15
and 16 to tag two-classes and three-classes.
Guildguards were definitely changed.
The only suggestion I have is to grab a fresh pl8 and diff them... the only
changes I made were multi-class related, so it shouldn't be bad.
I'm starting to regret ever sending that and the lostlands1.06 off :)
-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside